Sunday, March 11, 2007

Deco Connections








I'm a big fan of Art Deco architecture. As I travel the world, I try to photograph my favorite buildings.

And soon I started seeing connections.

A sculpture at Hoover Dam and one in the Rand Tower in Minneapolis. I took one look at the sculpture in the Rand Town and instantly knew it was by the same sculptor. A quick google search and I learned it was Oskar Hansen

The Bas Relief at Berkeley High School... and a mosaic at Rockefeller Center.

The Daily News Building in New York City... and the Newspaper Building in Melbourne, Australia.

This blog is dedicated to Deco Connections.

Thanks for visiting!

Ira Serkes

4 comments:

Debra Davis said...

These are beautiful photos. Your love of architecture is very evident in these photos. Thanks for sharing these with us.

Unknown said...

LOVE this site!! Great job, Ira. Is it okay if I link back from my North Atlanta real estate blog?

Ira & Carol Serkes said...

Linking? For sure if you feel it would be of interest to your friends!

Ira

rob (moderne melbourne) said...

The photo of the building in Melbourne did not display but am sure it will be easily fixed. It is one of the many great buildings that will be visited during the 9th World Congress on Art Deco in Melbourne 15 April to 20 April. For details go to www.artdeco.org.au